Friday, September 12, 2008

Week One is Done!

Guess what?!?! We got through the first week!!! AMAZING!
I have loved every moment of class, but sleeping this weekend will be equally as enjoyable. It's been great to meet and get to know everyone - I think we have a really great group. We are going to have a blast!

Today in class Brother Anderson talked quite extensively about serving one another, being united, and discerning the needs of one another. I've been thinking a lot about that. It occurred to me that we all have our expectations of what this trip will hold and do for us. Because of our different backgrounds, ambitions, majors, interests... etc, it could be interesting when we are put in groups and these expectations clash and we experience 'personality fatigue'.
So, what are attitudes we can adopt before and during the trip that will help ease any tense or annoying situations when these clashes arise?
Just click the little 'comment' link, to leave your thoughts!

2 comments:

Diamond Earring said...

One thought I've had is, "what are we going to do in our groups if not everyone wants to do the same thing?" I've decided that if I'm in a group where that is the case, one thing I want to do is try to understand why the other person wants to see whatever it is they want to see, and try to become just as enthusiastic about it myself.

Anonymous said...

I think just being understanding that everyone has had very little sleep and that for many of us it may be our first time out the country. So just to try to look at things from someone else point of view. And also with the groups invite others to join you so we dont have "clicks" during the tour. And have fun!