Friday, May 23, 2008

Useful Packing Articles

Hello again - Fellow World Explorers,

I recently heard some great advice from a cousin of mine who's traveled to Europe several times, Thailand, and is gearing up for the Philippines. "Pack your bags. Then, take out half your clothes and take twice the money." The reasoning was this, you'll buy clothes, souvenirs, and memrobillia there (thus spending money) and will need the extra space (from taking out half your clothes) to put them.

Also I found this great artical on Yahoo! from the AP -
Get the most from your carry-on bag
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20080522/ap_tr_ge/
travel_light_packing

I plan on bringing most of my stuff in my carry on, and an empty suit case to bring stuff back in. How many times will we get to shop in Italy!?!?

In this article there is a link to this page http://www.smartpacking.com/index.php?cat_id=5389 and I found it really useful.

As for comments on this post - list how you're planing to pack and any little tips you have.

Cheers!
Susan

P.S. - I hope everyone's gotten a chance to read the Guest Profile because I'll be switching it up again pretty soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another packing tip.
Buy some vacume pack bags that don't require a vacume to work (they just roll the air out) that way you can pack more clothes in the same space. I did this when i moved to Florida for a four month internship and it really helps to fit more stuff in your suitcase. Plus it keeps everything dry in case anything liquid breaks in your bag.

Anonymous said...

Jessica Korth here. So, I have a question. I've never traveled in a foreign country long enough to need to spend a large amount of money. How do you guys plan to handle you money over there? I've heard about traveler's checks and such, but I don't know how they work or if they are better than using the nation's currency? I'd really rather not deal with exchange rates and such every time we change countries. I don't mean to pry, but this is the only part of the trip that has me nervous, so I'd really like some feedback.