Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Welcome!

Fellow Travelers,

The purpose of this blog is to help each other prepare for this Europe trip.

It is designed to help up support each other in our physical, mental, academic, and spiritual preparation for this trip. I know some people are on track, others are working two or more full times jobs... I know we are all busy. That is the definition of a student.

BUT, I really believe that we can make this trip a life changing experience. The more we prepare, the more fascinating, amazing, and meaningful this trip will be. Please check out the blog, and leave comments or e-mail me with your thoughts. Lets make this the most amazing trip and group Brother Anderson has ever taken.

I thought it would be fun and supportive to create a log of what you are doing to prepare, and then post it here.

For example, I've been trying to walk about 3-4 miles everyday. Also, I know some people have set up a reading schedule to finish The Western Humanities before we go.

So, I would like to set some common goals that we can support each other in.

My goals are:
- Be able to walk 3.5 miles an hour (1 mile every 17 minutes).

I would love comments, feed back, and any and all suggestions you might have! (Did I mention that I would LOVE comments and feedback?) I am new to this blog thing, so if someone who is more familiar with it would like to help, that would be amazing!

Thanks a million,
Susan Denker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing......
I'm pretty sure anyone can leave comments now, without needing to be registered for the site. If you want to add links, pictures, or whatever, I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe try leaving it as a comment and see what happens! who knows!!!

Please try and leave your name with each post, so we can keep an organized conversation going!

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, this looks great! It would be cool if you could add a section so we could all post a little profile, but i don't know what you can and can't do on this site so it may not be possible. just a thought. Poor France and Austria on the poll, not a single vote. And what happened to Czech Republic? It's all sad and forgotten. tear.
~Megan

Anonymous said...

This is Jessica Korth, just in case my name doesn't show up. This site will be a lot of fun. I am so excited for this trip. I made a goal of seeing as much of the world as I could back in junior high, and Europe has always been top on my list of places to go. When I heard about this tour during my sophomore year, I just knew I would be going on it someday. So here I am,two years later, signed up for the tour. I also have started a fitness program and am trying to learn about the countries we're going to be visiting. I'll have to work on the languages though--yikes.

Adam Bostrom said...

Well, I have been training for the Teton Dam Marathon so I think that is going to help me a lot with being physically ready.